Are you a proactive team player with a thorough grasp of work? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, truly international environment? We are now looking for an Assistant to join our Employment team in Helsinki!
Our Employment group is acknowledged as one of the leading employment law expert groups in Finland. The group's work covers the entire spectrum of employment law services for businesses operating locally in Finland or internationally around the globe. The Finnish Employment group currently consists of 11 professionals and is led by Partner Maisa Nikkola.
Your duties & responsibilities
As an Assistant in our Employment team, you will get to work in a challenging but rewarding position, where you have the opportunity to develop your skills in a supportive environment. You will be offered a working environment where everyone is valued and appreciated as they are – we love to see you being you!
In this role, you will have the possibility to take responsibility in developing the group’s operations and marketing.
Your duties as our Employment team’s Assistant include, for example:
- assisting our lawyers in versatile employment law related assignments
- assisting in marketing and client relationship management/administration tasks
- drafting documents and presentations including marketing materials, such as offers and company presentations
- seminar and other event arrangements
- communicating with clients, authorities and our international colleagues
- invoicing on a monthly basis and other administrative tasks.
You can either be freshly graduated or already more experienced – what we value the most is your attitude and your willingness to learn and develop. Ideally, you have a relevant educational background, e.g. a BBA degree from University of Applied Sciences. Your possible previous experience in working at a law firm or in an international surrounding, as well as your interest in the field of business law is considered as an advantage.
In addition, you will thrive with us if you have:
- a service-minded attitude, determined to deliver high-quality administrative support
- excellent communication skills, both in Finnish and English, other languages being considered as an asset
- experience and/or strong interest in marketing, client relationship management and event arrangements;
- a keen eye for details
- an ability to work under pressure and to manage several projects simultaneously
- excellent IT skills, including e.g. good command of Microsoft Office tools; and
- a good sense of humor – we are serious about business, but we truly believe that working should be fun!
What will you be offered?
You will get to work with great colleagues in a supportive and professional working environment. You will work in an international and diverse surrounding, where different people and skills are valued. With us, you will also have the rare opportunity to enjoy the benefits of a truly international law firm, such as international events and our Nordic and Global Professional Development Programmes.
Does this sound like you?
If you got interested, please send us your CV and application by 31 August via the 'Apply' link. We will review the applications continuously as they arrive, and the position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
If you have any questions, we are happy to speak with you. Please contact Assistant Services Manager Tea Koivisto, tel. +358 9 6226 670 / firstname.lastname@example.org or HR Coordinator Anna Korsoff, tel. +358 9 6226 670 / email@example.com.
Bird & Bird is an international law firm with a focus on organizations being changed by or creating technology and the digital world. We combine exceptional legal expertise with deep industry knowledge and refreshingly creative thinking to help our clients achieve their commercial goals. We have over 1400 lawyers in 31 offices across Europe, the Middle East, Asia-Pacific and North America and a strong presence in the Nordics. To find out more, please visit our social media channels and website www.twobirds.com/fi.